Friday, October 12, 2007

#97 : GOOD ENGLISH LEARNING WEBSITES

Today (Oct. 12, 2007) I read an essay titled "Reading efficiently" by Mr. Albert P Rayan, an English Language Teaching (ELT) resource person. I found the essay in the Print edition of the Indian Express - Education Express Supplement.

I felt that I should give a link to our readers. I visited the Indian Express.Com, but could not trace the essay. I also tried to search the essay on the Net through a Google search, but could not succeed.

Then, I went for the nearest possible site, where the essay may be found in future. Or at least the present content may be useful.

http://www.globalenglishteacher.com/articlelive/categories/Advanced-English-Language-Learning.

The site has some articles by Mr. A P Rayan. His email address: rayanal@yahoo.com.

Mr. A.P. Rayan gave some tips for "Critical Reading" of texts: 1. He expects a critical reader to ask questions: such as a) What is the text about? b) What does the author tries to say? c) Is the author objective? d) Can the author's views be accepted?

The method suggested by Mr. Rayan is, in my view very effective.

I request the readers to help in tracing out a link to "Critical Reading" by Mr. Rayan.

No comments: